Monday, July 9, 2007

"Great Potential" that Went Nowhere...

It's 2:27 am and I'm trying to bore myself to sleep...

I'm frustrated. People confuse the hell out of me.

To elaborate...
I went on two great dates with a (seemingly) great guy and we had a third in the works and nothing. That last part is not a tipo. Two dates+one in the works=nothing.

A description of date one so that you guys don't think that I'm delusional. We had sushi and went bowling. Sushi+bowling=great fun! The dinner was very enjoyable. The conversation was flowing, lots of toasts to "meeting new people," sitting side-by-side, and I thought to myself, "Hey, this online thing isn't so bad. This guy is nice." Big. Happy. Face. And then the bowling was even better. Playfully we challenged one another. When he would get a strike, he would jokingly pat my shoes to make sure the laces were tied. He asked me questions like, "Hey, teacher, what kind of bowling advice would you give to a mere mortal," and I'd say, "That's easy. The key is to aim your bowling ball towards the alley, and watch as it bounces out to hit a strike." Awwwww. We were so cute. The evening ended and he asked me what my days off were. SCORE! Or so I thought.

Date two... to be continued. I have to sleep. :)

No comments: