Saturday, July 14, 2007

Attitude of Gratitude

I recently watched a dvd called "The Secret." The message in it was very zen-uekelale ish, but I did take something from it that I really liked and that was the idea of waking up with an attitude of gratitude. After I typed that, I realized that it rhymed and is quite catchy. "Attitude of Gratitude" brought to you by Marlizzle. Never one to preach without practice, I'm going to make a small daily list on this blog of the things that I'm grateful for.

1. I'm grateful for the sweet taste of refrigerated left-over birthday cake. Not grateful for the calories. Hmm...this was is a trade-off, and it appears that cakes fall in the realm of the in-between.
2. I'm grateful that my son is so easily pleased with peanut butter and jelly.
3. I'm grateful for "Shrek 2" because otherwise I would not have the time to update this blog.
4. I'm grateful for the comic relief of Thursday night. Drinking+dancing+2 girls who met in anger management class=one of the most enjoyable times I've had in a while.
5. I'm grateful that I'm alive and healthy and surrounded by the people that I love.

No comments: